Wednesday 20 February 2013

Umrah 2013

Alhamdulillah hubby and I finally had the opportunity to perform our first Umrah together. I haven't been here in a long while. My parents took my siblings and I here when we were younger. It has taken me all these years to set foot on the Holy land again. tsk.. tsk..
But, Alhamdulillah, I am really grateful to want and to be able to go again.

It's humbling to be surrounded by so many people from different parts of the world who made the effort to visit the holy land to perform the Umrah - especially those who are disabled and in wheelchairs. Witnessing their determination and motivation, puts me to shame of how little I have done. It is a powerful reminder of how I should do more to strive to be a better Muslim.

It was really nice to not have to think about anything else but only our ibadah while we were there. I urge those who have the means to take the time to take this trip. It is an enriching retreat, I promise.

We had a wonderful experience. We just loved being there. Insya Allah we'll get invited over and over again. Amin.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...